Standards of Ethics in the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at UNL
With more than 65,000 members, the American Geophysical Union is the largest organization of geoscientists in the world. AGU has articulated a minimal set of standards that geoscientists are required to meet in order to be members of AGU or participate in AGU activities. The AGU ethics portal is a rich source of information about ethics pertinent to the Earth and atmospheric sciences.
As part of the international geoscience community, members of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at UNL endorse the AGU Scientific Integrity and Professional Ethics Policy.
Our department ascribes to the guidelines set out by AGU to the extent that they do not conflict with the university’s nondiscrimination policies and statements:
Ethics codes from professional societies
- International Association for Promoting Geoethics
- American Meteorological Society
- American Geosciences Institute
- Geological Society of America
- Ethics codes of other major organizations in the Earth and atmospheric sciences
Other applied-ethics documents