Your gifts shape the future of Earth and atmospheric sciences at Nebraska.
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences benefits greatly from funds raised by gifts and donations from alumni, friends of the department, and the private sector. While we have support from UNL for many of our efforts, our alumni support allows us to do so much more. Your generosity supports the department's activities in a variety of ways, including:
- Undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships
- Undergraduate summer field camp scholarships
- The annual Schramm field course in economic and exploration geology
- The annual Walker field trip for new geology majors
- Professional travel by students and faculty
- Departmental operations and equipment purchases
- The Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Library
- The T. Mylan Stout lecture series
- The Mr. and Mrs. J. B. Coffman Chair in Sedimentary Geology
- The C. Bertrand and Marian Othmer Schultz Chair in Stratigraphy
- The T. Mylan and Eunice Stout Chair in Stratigraphy
- The J. B. Coffman Excellence Award for Teaching and Research in Geology
Active contributors impact our future. Giving to the department, at any level, is a wonderful way to say thank you for an outstanding education, transformative experiences, and a lifelong network of friends and colleagues. Donors can take pride in the accomplishments of the department, its students, and its faculty. You can say, “I helped do that.”
For more information about making a gift, please contact the University of Nebraska Foundation.
We make it easy to give
- 100% of your gift goes to the university
- Your gift is secure and private
Thank you for your support!